It stresses me out to be in this office down the hall from screaming, out of control kids who are tantrumming and using four letter words like a seasoned sailor. I feel a mixture of pity, horror, and annoyance, then if I can, plug in my headset and drown them out. It certainly does not help my tolerance for work and this place.
A colleague, new this year, and nearly of retirement age has become a friend and ally. I told him I had found a room next to the library, and he in his first visit to my office today agreed I needed to move, "Let's go and I'll help you. You need to join us upstairs." I laughed, because he is not the person to give me permission. I will have to wait until the principal returns and ask her, and hope that she will say yes. This room is so small and closed in that it is not workable for groups of kids. If I dont find a new room, no one else will.
I am sitting here, typing this, my jaw and left hand tremoring, my left foot dyskenetically twisting. I am a bit sore from my PT and my workout yesterday, but once the meds kick in, will be able to get up and move around. Until then I will hide and try to reschedule and/or regroup the students I am missing ( I have never been at a school where the kids NEVER come at their time)...
Pushing it through today...have two rescheduled appointments and one parent meeting after school, then my daughter stays over tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment