Friday, July 30, 2010

Relief

Just when I was beginning to formulate a Plan C, my lawyer called and left a voice message on my cell phone.  I called her back, she answered and I admitted that her voice sounded "SO GOOD!"  In any case, I will be seeing her on Monday and I can dump a bunch of stuff on her. 

It feels good to be able to drop this legal load.

Pete, Rich, and I hung out today after yoga and went up to Edmonds Senior Center to have lunch and shoot some pool.  We stopped to say hi to one of their friends, then headed over to Rich's house.  He said it was nearby, so I was surprised to be heading north instead of in  the direction of my car, which was south.  Rich wanted to show me his projects, I should say, his and Pete's projects.  They had designed and assembled a funky three wheel bike and are in the middle of restoring a 1935 Chevrolet truck.  The just looked like junkyard cars to me, but I realized that they were enjoying my company and showing off for me.  I smiled to myself as I realized this.  Even though the time we spent together was a bit too long for me, I was happy just to be myself, hanging out with a couple of older gentlemen.  They are both well-married and this is truly just friendship,  but that doesnt mean men cant enjoy my femaleness.

It was good to confirm this for myself.  Pete made a handle for my new door, fashioned out of fir.  It is beautiful.  So now my door is officially done.

Have a superb weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment