Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What a difference!!

So I am sitting here in my new office in my new school and the change for me is palpable.  Instead of a tiny poorly lit, poorly ventilated closet, the room is two to three times the size of my former office. There is a sink(!!!!) and built in cupboards, three four door file cabinets, PT equipment, and two tables.  I will be here full time this year, working with preschoolers through 8th graders, five days a week, as long as I can.  I have already met several teachers (every one is exceptionally friendly and welcoming) and those people have COME TO ME with hands outstretched.  I haven't had people be this friendly at a new school in as long as I can remember!!!

I know the previous assignment was divided up among two parttimers, so I have my work caseload cut out for me.  But already I am feeling better about the job.  I met with my new psychiatrist this morning and he called my neurologist from his office, which made me feel confident that I am being treated as a whole person.  My neurologist spoke candidly but as though she knows me so well (she does) she could speak about my latest adjustments without even consulting my file. My meds are being tweaked, and it would be great if I could cut them back.  The psychiatrist is knowledgeable and clear, straight forward and my mood stabilization will become his official focus.  I feel like I am making headway and maybe will be able to manage my generalized anxiety for the first time in YEARS.  This summer taught me to find ways to soothe myself, but I think med changes will work, too.  Dr. Ro is completely taking me off ALL Requip, and Dr. Johnson is trading Cymbalta for Seroquel.  I am hopeful. 

I think I will take it a day at a time still...yet this school is everything I could dream of!.  Happy staff and happy kids! Hooray!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment