Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life's Pace

The BEST thing about being home is that I can work according to my "on's" and "off's"~ the nasty roller coaster ride that is Parkinson's Disease.  I do everything to keep level, but brain chemicals are tricky things to regulate. 

I am best in the early mornings.  I can wake up and, since having DBS surgery, have no tremor, and a relative lack of "bradykenesia' (med speak for "slow, stiff movements) with no medications since bedtime the night before.  I felt energetic enough this morning to get up and layer ingredients in the crock pot for chili.  This means it can cook all day and be ready for dinner tonight when I am more "off."  I then crawled into bed and cuddled with a couple of old dogs, both males, til the sun came up.  I am learning to take advantage of  my natural landscape, and force through low spots only when I am out and about.  It is great to be able to pace myself this way, and for this, I feel very fortunate.

I got some gorgeous beads in the mail this week, and stopped by my local bead store to find some additions.  I have been busy making a "Swan Queen" scarf, and there are more projects on the horizon.  I try not to worry about making the mortgage payment next month, although it will be tight. 

I am a lily of the field I trust and know that I will be ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment