So I am moving on, quite literally. I've registered to ride the Seattle to Portland Bicycle ride in July as a member of our local Team Parkinsons. I thought what the heck, why not, and the moment I spoke the words outloud a friend pledged 75.00 to get me started. I registered and less than 24 hours later, I am in too deep to back out...over 600.00 of my target goal of 1000.00 for our local Northwest Parkinsons Disease Foundation.
I achieved my fundraising goal so doubled it. Woo hooo!
So here I go, pushed along by the forces of nature, the laws of physics. "A body in motion stays in motion, a body at rest stays at rest" and the goodwill of many.
Wish me luck, it will take lots of riding to develop some butt callouses...:)My body is no longer the perpetual motion machine it was even five years ago. I admit, I don't like the fact that I am not the jock I once was.
But I learned ~or rather relearned~ that the act of setting goals independent of anyone, keeps me in the game of life.
:)