Seemingly, my world is speeding up at the same time I'm slowing down. I noticed this today as I took a ten mile bike ride. I do my best to avoid traffic, but my bike needed some adjustment and the mechanics shop is on a busy arterial not far from my house. As I was walking my bike across a crosswalk, I made eye contact with the drivers of the two lanes farthest from me. My heart leapt into my throat as one big truck with a young male driver looked as though it would not stop but did at the last minute. He gestured wildly at me. Who knows what his thoughts were?
Yes I dream of a day and a place where life is slower and my body can keep up. I dream of a place where the fish don't care how fast I bait my hook; the water is a brisk refreshment to jump into, and I can take each day as it comes without worrying about how long it will take for my body to just shut down. I also want a companion who understands my battle and helps me to find relative safety in a world that doesn't tolerate differences.
I'm ready.