Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Angel Tears

She stands on my desk, watching over my hands at work.  They are sometimes shaky, but at this moment not, she doesnt much care.  She watches lovingly as a guardian angel does, without judgement and she notes the tears on my unhappy face.  She should have warned me against the loss I feel, even now, without having had anything to lose this time.  The audience was sufficient, in that at least I knew somehow, somewhere, I was being read by someone who used to care about me. 

So like a whisp of a cloud through my fingers, he left and is gone.  I am left feeling curiously bereft without having had anything to hold on to.  I feel at times like this, bitterly sad over the wreck of  my life.  I am angry and full of self pity that I was handed something I never wanted.  I made the choices, true, but the original disease was not mine to take up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment